Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

firefox indicates login to this forum is not secure

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
Bob C

firefox indicates login to this forum is not secure

#1 Post by Bob C »

Firefox warned when I logged in;
"Technical Details
Connection Not Encrypted
The website forums.debian.net does not support encryption for the page you are viewing.
Information sent over the internet without encryption can be seen by other people while it is in transit"

Is this something I am doing incorrectly or is it actually the forum's settings?

Thanks

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: firefox indicates login to this forum is not secure

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Bob C wrote:Is this something I am doing incorrectly
Yes, you forgot to search the forums for the 3.2 million other threads we already have on this exact subject.

These boards do not support https and probably never will but given that pretty much everything you submit will be publicly viewable anyway I really don't see why that would be an issue. Just don't use the same pasword here that you use for your internet banking :mrgreen:
deadbang

arzgi

Re: firefox indicates login to this forum is not secure

#3 Post by arzgi »

The same subject has popped up a few times during last years, I'm too lazy to search those threads :mrgreen:

The conclusion has been it's not worth, this is just a discussion forum, just don't write any personal or sensitive details.