Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 10 on ASUS T101H tablet

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
phenest

Debian 10 on ASUS T101H tablet

#1 Post by phenest »

My ASUS Transformer T101H tablet came with Windows 10. Windows 10 64bit latest release now takes up minimum 32GB hard drive space. That's half my hard drive! What's that about MS?

Anyway... I installed Debian 10. Support for secure boot and Wayland add up to a very cool tablet. Needed to install firmware-atheros for the wi-fi and firmware-intel-sound for the audio, but that's it. Auto screen rotation works out of the box (except for GRUB), just needed to install a Gnome Shell extension to stop Carabou appearing with my physical keyboard attached. Shame the webcam is proprietory, so no points there for the manufacturer of that.

If you're thinking of buying one of these tablets, go fol it. Debian 10 is the OS of choice.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

phenest

Re: Debian 10 on ASUS T101H tablet

#2 Post by phenest »

The console orientation defaults to portrait. If, like me, you use a console with a physical keyboard attached and prefer landscape, add this to grub:

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="video=efifb fbcon=rotate:1"
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D