Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

USB errors on first boot

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
McHydro

USB errors on first boot

#1 Post by McHydro »

Greetings.
I've had so much trouble installing almost any distribution of Linux on my computer (maybe new hardware was the problem), but after a couple of days I was able to install Debian with the simple graphic installer (not the live one, where I got initramfs errors).
So, to the next obstacle. I get two new error messages at the first boot, namely:
[7.356207] usb 7-6: cannot get ctl value: req = 0x83, wValue = 0xc00, wIndex = 0x1300, type 4
[7.356251] usb 7-6: 19:0: cannot get min/max values for control 12 (id 19)

Nothing happens after this. The only things connected to the USB ports are mouse and keyboard.

I have very basic knowledge of the deeper stuff of operating systems, and struggle when I get unexpected errors. Do you have any clues to give me? It would be highly appreciated.

Best regards.

A.M.

Re: USB errors on first boot

#2 Post by A.M. »

Hi everyone!
I have the same problem. Could anyone help with that?

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: USB errors on first boot

#3 Post by p.H »

Please open your own new thread and post information about your own system.