Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

create live installation iso from my current debian 11 system

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
milad0123

create live installation iso from my current debian 11 system

#1 Post by milad0123 »

hi.
is there any way to create live install iso from my installed debian system?
gui way would be better,thanks

NorthEast

Re: create live installation iso from my current debian 11 system

#2 Post by NorthEast »

The expression "create live install iso from my installed debian system" can be read in at least two ways:
1. to create a live iso from an existing debian installation, that is, use the current installed debian to create a live iso;
2. to create a live iso which is a replica of the currently installed system.

I suspect it's the second reading that is being asked.
The answer to the first reading is provided here:
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live ... ex.en.html
especially in the "Examples" section which give the simple terminal commands to create an iso. As for the "terminal vs GUI" issue, the terminal commands are quite straight forward so shouldn't be an obstacle. YMMV.

An answer to the second reading is in the same manual but it would involve inserting the identifiers of the current programs on the existing debian installation into the configuration for the creation of the new debian iso. That newly made iso would likely be a similar creation rather than a replica of the system that created it but I think it could be made to be a very close approximation.

There are other methods like cloning that may fit what is required, but I can't say more.