Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Linux Debian in dual boot

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
ghita_49

Linux Debian in dual boot

#1 Post by ghita_49 »

I have a 120 GB SSD in my computer, installed with Windows 10. I also have a 1000 GB HDD. In this I left 400 GB unformatted, I installed Debian on these.
I used Linux Mint, this gave me the opportunity to choose the place of the boot loader, obviously I chose the 120 GB SSD. I do not find this possibility when installing Debian, this makes me not have dualkboot. What could I do to use Debian dual boot? Thank you.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Linux Debian in dual boot

#2 Post by sunrat »

You need to choose Advanced Install to be able to choose a custom locate to install GRUB.
If you already have Debian installed but no GRUB, boot Debian from Boot Select menu or some other means and run

Code: Select all

grub-install
for the default location or

Code: Select all

grub-install /dev/sdX
to install to a different internal drive. Replace "X" with the actual drive letter you wish.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!