Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Fresh install on Dell T40

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
HermieSoft

Fresh install on Dell T40

#1 Post by HermieSoft »

Hello,
I bought a new Dell T40, did a netinstall from CD, installation went without problems.
GRUB installed and the reboot
Dell T40 'no boot device'.
During installation set UEFI and non UEFI support, manual and automatic GRUB installation
Tried BIOS settings like UEFI / non UEFI, disabled Windows boot, disabled secure boot etc

What settings are important for the BIOS to find the drive

Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks in advance

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fresh install on Dell T40

#2 Post by p.H »

HermieSoft wrote: 2021-09-08 09:50 During installation set UEFI and non UEFI support, manual and automatic GRUB installation
That does not make sense. It cannot be both at the same time.

Did you boot the installer and install GRUB in EFI or BIOS/legacy mode ?

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fresh install on Dell T40

#3 Post by Aki »

HermieSoft wrote: 2021-09-08 09:50 Hello, I bought a new Dell T40, did a netinstall from CD, installation went without problems.
GRUB installed and the reboot. Dell T40 'no boot device'.
If you boot from the installer image in rescue mode or if you boot from a live usb disk, you can inspect the /var/log/installer/ directory in the debian partition to copy and analyze the logs generated by the installer. Furthermore, if the network is up, you could download the package boot-info-script and execute the script boot-info-script to gather further information.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀