Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Calamares installer on live Mate desktop

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
auxtral

Calamares installer on live Mate desktop

#1 Post by auxtral »

Good afternoon, I introduce myself as Guillermo Sosa, from San Nicolás, Argentina.
My query is due to the MateDE version of Debian 11, as I never used or worked on this desktop. And my query is the following since there is something that catches my attention and I cannot solve it, not even working on the package "calamares-settings-debian", and that is when starting the system in live mode and executing install-debian , squid runs "as root", which is not the case with other live such as Cinnamon or Xfce.
Does anyone know the reason for this and if it can be fixed. At first I assumed that I made some error during the lb config and lb build process, but I repeat, it also happens with the official live images.
Thank you very much and greetings.