Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

lxqt-panel Shortcut "ctl+alt+D" cannot be registered

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
jesito

lxqt-panel Shortcut "ctl+alt+D" cannot be registered

#1 Post by jesito »

Hi everyone.
I'm new in this forum but not to Debian. I've been using Debian derivatives for years (Ubuntu, Bunsenlabs, etc...) Looking for a lightweight distro I found Debian Bullseye Lxqt, (Lxqt is my favourite window/desktop manager) so I decided to give it a try. I had some troubles when installing it because the installer gets hung when trying to configure IPV6 network. I got over it by killing the process from a second terminal window, the installation continued after that and the IPV4/DHCP config seemed to be okay. The system gets up and running (it's an Intel I5 processor with 8 Gig memory). The only strange thing I've found is that after booting and everything is running, it appears a dialogue box that stays for a few seconds on the bottom right of the screen telling " Lxqt-panel | Show Desktop: Global | Shortcut "ctl+alt+D" cannot be registered.
Just curious about what it is and how to get rid of it.
Any clues will be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Jes.

seeker5528

Re: lxqt-panel Shortcut "ctl+alt+D" cannot be registered

#2 Post by seeker5528 »

"ctl+alt+D" is the keyboard shortcut that will minimize all application windows AKA 'show desktop'.

I have been getting this for multiple years and never cared enough about it to dig into it so I figured now seemed like a good time. It doesn't happen on my laptop that has a more recent install.

Looks like this is happening because it is being set at the windowmanager level and also in the LXQt global settings. Since I don't get it on my laptop I switched the window manager in LXQt session settings to xfwm4 to match the laptop and see if this had something to do with Openbox it still happened, so that threw me off the trail for a bit.

For me there is a 'window manager' menu entry in the preferences section of the menu that is for the xfce window manager, on the keyboard tab I found the entry for 'Show desktop' and left it, but deleted the 'Ctr+Alt+D' from it, logged out, logged in and no more error. This setting is still set in the laptop where I am not getting the error.

For Openbox there is a configuration '~/.config/openbox/lxqt-rc.xml' old versions of the file had a keybinding set for this, newer versions should not. If you have the older config there will be a line like

Code: Select all

<keybind key="C-A-d">
    <action name="ToggleShowDesktop"/>
  </keybind>
If you use a different window manager with LXQt you will have to figure out how the keybindings for that are set.

If you would rather keep the keybinding setting in the window manager and change it in the LXQt global settings instead, keybindings are in the keyboard settings part of the LXQt.configuration stuff.

jesito

#3 Post by jesito »

Thanks a lot for such long and detailed answer!.
I'll try all of it and get back with the results.

jesito

#4 Post by jesito »

Thanks a lot,@seeker5528
I was just as you said, cleaning the entry for CTL+ALT+D at the window manager preferences, did the trick.
(It took me a while to try it, sorry).
Again, many thanks!

xfox

#5 Post by xfox »

非常感谢,我在Debian11 上也遇到了这个问题。Very thanks .I face this problem on My Micro NAS .