Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Updated Debian but only in Buster: ScanTailor

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
reinhart

Updated Debian but only in Buster: ScanTailor

#1 Post by reinhart »

Can't install my sometimes used ScanTailor get: libqt5core5a : Beschädigt: libqtcore4
on libqt5core5a over 200 apps xD
Best would be that ScanTailor get an update but I think no one would do. (Or I go back to buster :mrgreen: )

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Updated Debian but only in Buster: ScanTailor

#2 Post by sunrat »

Looks like it has had no development for 6 years so could be considered abandoned. Bullseye likely no longer has the old dependencies required.
There is a newer Github for a version called ScanTailor Advanced, which appears to be more up-to-date although it has not had development for 2 years. The build instructions are quite long but also appear fairly detailed - https://github.com/4lex4/scantailor-libs-build
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

reinhart

#3 Post by reinhart »

OK will test it out. Or I must switch back to Debian 10 Buster :-) its not the only app I missed hardly.

bw123

#4 Post by bw123 »

...its not the only app I missed hardly.
I missed good apps lost in every release. It's a real shame. Thanks for posting about ScanTailor app. Maybe someone will notice and try and salvage it. It's tricky to manage scanned documents because pdf is pretty much standard for emailing in documents to the office and they always need help.

Have you tried to find a replacement app that can do what scantailor does?
resigned by AI ChatGPT

reinhart

#5 Post by reinhart »

I am happy that my wife still work on buster ... the bad joke "never touch a running system" get for debian a new taste :shock:
And a replacement for scantailor in one app I don't find so long.

rip orage ...

thatguychuck

#6 Post by thatguychuck »

I don't have to manage pdf pages that often, and I'm not sure what your specific workflow is, but have you taken a look at pdfchain? https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/pdfchain

The package version is nearly identical from buster to bullseye, so maybe you can take a look at it in buster and see if it fills your needs.