Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

"Enter" Key not Behaving as I Would Have Expected

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
GPWR

"Enter" Key not Behaving as I Would Have Expected

#1 Post by GPWR »

OK, so I just had to cancel my Debian install and start over because of some stupid move.
In the part where I'm asked to choose the software I want, including all the desktop interfaces, I wanted to deselect the GNOME option. Actually, I don't want a desktop interface at all. I want to install it afterwards with certain specific criteria.
Now, moving to the "GNOME" option and hitting the 'Enter' key just automatically started installing GNOME. So I'm assuming the "Enter" key cannot be used to select and deselect stuff. What key should I use?
I'm sure this was already answered somewhere, but I could find it neither within the Debian forums nor with a Google search (sorry... I did my best.)

P.S. I'm using the plain install, or whatever it's called. Not the graphical one.

Thank you in advance, and God bless.

GPWR

Re: "Enter" Key not Behaving as I Would Have Expected

#2 Post by GPWR »

Solved. Use the space bar. It's actually written at the bottom of the screen. I had missed on that, for some reason.
It seems as though the human instinct is always to turn to the internet before looking for a solution yourself, apparently.