Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Bullseye - Failed to Write Root

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
garee18

Debian Bullseye - Failed to Write Root

#1 Post by garee18 »

Hello,

I recently downloaded the Debian Bullseye "Live CD". After several sessions of booting from the Live CD (DVD), I installed Debian Bullseye using the Calamares installer. However, I noticed that the installation with the Calarames installer did not allow a root password to be set. So, I moved to the Graphical Installer associated with the Live CD. First, using the Graphical Installer, I deleted the content of the hard disk partition on which the Calamares installation had been made. I designated a separate, non-contiguous partition for swap. However, when I tried to write the root (/) to the partition from which I deleted the content of the Calamares installation, I got the message that the root failed to write. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Note: Although, I don't think it is related, I skipped the step in the Graphical Installer on setting up the network connection.

Thank you,

Gary