Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Not Detecting Hardware RAID

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
BolliFiresmith

HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Not Detecting Hardware RAID

#1 Post by BolliFiresmith »

Good morning, I have been trying to get Debian 11 installed on my old HP ProLiant server that has been sitting idle in my basement and I have hitting a brick wall.

I am using a USB Stick to do the installation from, as the CD Drive is toast on the unit. When it gets to the drive selection, the RAID 1+0 array is not showing up and I only get the option to install to the USB Stick. I have all the default hardware in the system.

Is there any quick fix for this?

I have attempted to recreate the RAID array mutliple times, and it is not looking like that is the issue, as I can install other operating systems like Windows on it without an issue.

pcjunky

Re: HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Not Detecting Hardware RAID

#2 Post by pcjunky »

I have one of these servers and was able to install Debian 9. 10 as you say doesn't seem to find the raid controller. I have not tried 11.

Did support for this raid controller get removed from newer versions than 9?

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Not Detecting Hardware RAID

#3 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

BolliFiresmith wrote: 2022-01-03 11:40 When it gets to the drive selection, the RAID 1+0 array is not showing up
Most likely because the proprietary software raids are not handled by default by Debian - but there's a dmraid driver which usually works.
However, I would rather disable the raid mode in bios and use the native Linux md-raid, because it's simply way better in terms of performance.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed