Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Window/widget render issues on Debian 11 KDE (virtualbox)

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
midvok

Window/widget render issues on Debian 11 KDE (virtualbox)

#1 Post by midvok »

Hello,
I successfully installed Debian 11 KDE in VirtualBox (I would like to migrate to Debian from Windows, but want to test and configure it first in VirtualBox).

Currently, I try to configure the KDE plasma widgets, but I have a weird issue with rendering the KDE widgets/windows, which after certain time start showing only "empty screen".
Best to show the issue in pictures...

I can fix that by restart, but after I log in, it always starts to happen again after few minutes of work.

I installed everything from debain stable repository, including the latte-dock by `apt install latte-dock`.

This is my VirtualBox display setting (RAM 4GB, 2 CPU cores):

Please, any idea what can cause this issue?
Last edited by midvok on 2022-01-12 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

midvok

Re: Window/widget render issues on Debian 11 KDE (virtualbox)

#2 Post by midvok »

OK, I came to conclusion that it's the Virtual Box problem.

The render issue stopped to happen when I tried to disable the option "Enable 3D Acceleration" in the VirtualBox (ironically). Then, just some plasma effects wasn't enabled (like blur).

Virtual Box is probably not the best VM to test KDE Plasma, so I'm going to try VMware now.

peer

Re: Window/widget render issues on Debian 11 KDE (virtualbox)

#3 Post by peer »

no problems with debian 11 KDE in qemu/kvm