Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No graphic after fresh install of debian 11

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
muekno

No graphic after fresh install of debian 11

#1 Post by muekno »

Enviorement DELL Vostro runing fine with DEBIAN 10 and MINT 20
Did a fresh install of DEBIAN 11 from the netinstal ISO using an usb steck with Gmome desktop
Installallation ran fine, but after reboot I had a black screen, not even the BIOS screen is shown but the HS led blinks and it seams to boot but screen keeps black. I removed the power supply and even removed the accu. Reinstalled the accu and switched on black screen remains.

need help, hint

Thanks Rainer

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: No graphic after fresh install of debian 11

#2 Post by arochester »

What model of Dell Vostro, please?

muekno

#3 Post by muekno »

Dell vostro 1710

muekno

#4 Post by muekno »

Problem solved, when I disconnect the hahrddrives the BIOS screen comes up. then I changed boot order to USB first. So now I have to get a working image

muekno

#5 Post by muekno »

Problem is up again. I then tried Debian 10 Netinstall. Boot Device was USB as before, an in the moment the system accessed the hard drive the screen went black. removeing hard drive did not help, the screen remains black, no chance.

So I got an other vostro 1710 on ebay a good deal as it was without hard disks.
Then I deleted the hard disks form an other system an reformated them with FAT32, to be shure the old system is away. The I tried to install with the debian 10 netinstall in graphic mode again. When I came to the hard disk partitioning I deleted every existing partition to have real empty disks and continued installation after same time the screen showd strpes and bad readable letters. I switch off the vostro at once, switched on again and pressed F2 to come to to BIOS settings. BIOS came up but it shows BIOS 4 times one upper left, one upper right, one lower left and on lower right.
What the hell doe Debian with the nVIDIA Gforce?

need really help