Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Open a tty pre install to preform a btrfs install?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
finalturismo

Open a tty pre install to preform a btrfs install?

#1 Post by finalturismo »

So iam looking for a way to use the mkfs.btrfs command to setup a raid 10 before performing a raid10 installation. I was wondering if the mkfs.btrfs command is available using the net install iso?

This is coming from a Gentoo user who can install Linux mostly by CLI. I was wondering if there is any specific instructions on how to open a terminal and if there is a place where i can download the root file system and preform a custom install?

So far i booted to the ISO and started the install process and changed to a different TTY which gave me the option in busy box to run mkfs.btrfs. So i got that problem solved. Now the next question... where are the OS root files on the installation iso it self? and are they already uncompressed?

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Open a tty pre install to preform a btrfs install?

#2 Post by p.H »

What do you mean by "OS root files" and why do you ask ?
Most installed files come from Debian packages (*.deb, which are compressed archives) from either installation media (under /cdrom/pool) or remote repositories.
If you do not want to follow the standard installation method, you'd better use the debootstrap method instead of trying to hack the installer.