Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No users at login screen

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
gbh

No users at login screen

#1 Post by gbh »

At work I use debian when the lab has standardized on CentOS. This limits my ability to get help from IT, but at least I still get sudo privileges! IT uses Centrify for common passwords across all machines. I just installed bullseye, and IT set up Centrify and requested I delete the local account that was set up during the install. On the subsequent boot I was presented with the local user at the login screen. After "logging in" the screen "refreshed" and I was presented with the usual users provided by Centrify. I deleted the local acct with deluser, but now when logging in I am not seeing any accounts at the login screen. It's like it's still searching for a local account.

Looking for a clue on how to get the login process to not try and boot from a local account. It feels like a Centrify issue to me, but maybe not?