Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cubietruck installation problem: After uboot -> boot no keyboard

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
sagrotan

Cubietruck installation problem: After uboot -> boot no keyboard

#1 Post by sagrotan »

Hallo,
I have an old cubietruck, which is old, but still runs and is sufficient for my purposes as a web server.
Since armbian no longer supports cubietruck, i wanted to install debian (armhf). I have followed the instructions (https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner - > Installing from an SD card image). I have followed the instruction to create an SD Card with image:

Code: Select all

zcat firmware.<board_name>.img.gz partition.img.gz > /dev/SDCARD_DEVICE
After boot I can hit a key and interrupt the uboot to insert the code:

uboot> setenv console tty1
uboot> setenv bootargs console=tty1 fb=false
uboot> saveenv
uboot> boot
The Installer appears and asks for the language, but at this point the keyboard no longer works. Without the above code the problem is the same.

The instruction says in case: "If your USB-Keyboard does not work in u-boot, you can mount the partition.img, copy the configuration directives from boot.scr to boot.cmd (i.e. strip initial "noise") and insert the setenv commands above manually. Then run the following command

mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d boot.cmd boot.scr
But when I am correct, my keyboard works in uboot, but not morover?! Has anyone a tipp, how to resolve the problem or what could cause it?
I know it would be cheaper to bury the device, but for me this is simply a useless waste of resources...

best regards
sagrotan