Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 10.1 might of broken xfce4-4.12.5 panel by kiosk mode

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
jmonlive

Debian 10.1 might of broken xfce4-4.12.5 panel by kiosk mode

#1 Post by jmonlive »

After applying 123 accumulated updates on September 19th my xfce panel COMPLETELY dissappeared :shock: and I was able to restart it but it gave a message https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php ... Message%20(appears%20regardless%20if,Did%20not%20receive%20a%20reply . The problem I think is that it DELETED the copy of xfce4-panel.xml in PATH of /etc/xdg/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/, so I copied it from the PATH of /home/<your username>/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/. As you can see a tech savvy person can easily fix this, but imagine if "joe-blow" was a user on Debian 10.1 mainOS (IF MY SUSPICIONS ARE CORRECT) :lol: ... I admit that XFCE desktop environment might not be kosher (my memory is foggy), but even then it would be appreciated if devs fixed this - even though I'm not sure where blame lays IF ANY. :) Just doing my part for Debian community... :D