Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Middle mouse button = double-click?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
kskruser

Middle mouse button = double-click?

#1 Post by kskruser »

Hi all - Linux newbie & Windows refugee here. I have Debian 'Buster' (64 bit + KDE 'Plasma-5' + Nvidia video) successfully installed & mostly tweaked on my older X86 PC. Very happy with it so far!

In Windows, I had a little background program that would (at a low level) 'trap' a single-middle-button push and convert it to a double-click. I.e. any program, including Windows Explorer, would see a double-click. (Mouse is an old Logitech "Marble-Mouse" - 3 buttons, obviously.)

I really miss this little bit of wizardry.

Question: Is there a (simple!) way to accomplish this same conversion in Debian? (Remember, at a low level so that it works everywhere.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-Richard

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Middle mouse button = double-click?

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

kskruser wrote:at a low level so that it works everywhere
It is possible to do what you want with xdotool & xbindkeys[0] but they only work under X. For Wayland configuration details like this depend on the compositor implementation and I don't think any of the available compositors support this functionality.
deadbang