Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

where is palemoon?(SOLVED)

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
gychang

where is palemoon?(SOLVED)

#1 Post by gychang »

I am running 32bit Buster in Openbox. My laptop is slow with the default Firefox-esr. My previous experience Palemoon is faster. There is no PM on buster-backport. Is there a way to install PM?

thanks,
Last edited by gychang on 2021-01-21 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: where is palemoon?

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Forum member stevepusser hosts the official Debian builds for PaleMoon, the link is available from their site.

Read this first though: https://digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/b ... l#palemoon

Debian don't supply it because it relies on bundled libraries which are considered to be a security risk. The PaleMoon developers deny the risk but then they would say that, wouldn't they? :mrgreen:
deadbang

Bulkley

#3 Post by Bulkley »

There's an alternative. Pale Moon can be run in your user space without installing it.
It is not necessary to install Pale Moon to use it. Pale Moon for Linux is distributed as a bzipped tarball that can be extracted and run from any location on your system.
Start here.

I have done this with Pale Moon, Firefox, Waterfox, Slimjet and a few others in order to test them on my machine and this works very well as long as the package is set up for it. I set them up in my Downloads directory and launch them with an instruction in my menu that looks like this:

Code: Select all

~/Downloads/palemoon/./palemoon
Edited to add: I found this on the Pale Moon site.
NOTE: Linux 32 bit binaries have been discontinued. However, your distribution (or one of the fantastic package contributors) may still offer 32 bit packages at their discretion. If they do you should remove the "generic" binary and install said package. Otherwise, to continue using the Pale Moon binaries we distribute, please update to a 64 bit distribution.
You may have a problem.

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

MX Linux packager and developer

gychang

#5 Post by gychang »

thanks, works well.