Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Ticket System for Debian

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
jcbeppler

Ticket System for Debian

#1 Post by jcbeppler »

Dear Debian community, (very formal, so I may attract some attention :D)

I was planning to start helping on some Debian things (or at least trying), when I noticed that it is somehow complex to report/track/give feedback nowadays (sorry if I am wrong but I am new here).

With this in mind, it came to me that I could contribute in some way with a ticket system for ongoing projects or issues. I have a server today which I pay (and barely use), in which I could store some system like Redmine or even Gitea if someone prefer (but Redmine looks like a great fit for that).

I just find it somehow important to have an easier and more visible way to track things down in which other people may also give feedback, this could attract more interested parties on the project. :D

Of course, if Debian already has some server available or a trusted person for doing this, for me everything is ok. :wink:

Regards,
JC

Ganneff
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

Re: Ticket System for Debian

#2 Post by Ganneff »

jcbeppler wrote: 2021-07-13 13:00 I was planning to start helping on some Debian things (or at least trying), when I noticed that it is somehow complex to report/track/give feedback nowadays (sorry if I am wrong but I am new here).

With this in mind, it came to me that I could contribute in some way with a ticket system for ongoing projects or issues. I have a server today which I pay (and barely use), in which I could store some system like Redmine or even Gitea if someone prefer (but Redmine looks like a great fit for that).

I just find it somehow important to have an easier and more visible way to track things down in which other people may also give feedback, this could attract more interested parties on the project. :D

Of course, if Debian already has some server available or a trusted person for doing this, for me everything is ok. :wink:
While help is always good, Debian does have enough places to record what needs to be done.

There is https://bugs.debian.org/ as the general bug tracking system, and by now there is https://salsa.debian.org/ as the gitlab instance, where every Group/Project/Repo can enable an own issue tracker. And then some use mailing lists.
Yet another random ticket system somewhere won't gain you much love. :)

Yes, thats not one central place where to look. You won't ever find that in this project.

Ganneff