Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

The Debian System - book #2 coming

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
anxious

The Debian System - book #2 coming

#1 Post by anxious »

I was reading the Planet Debian feed in my newsreader. Martin Krafft has posted a feed ( Thesis submitted to examiners ) that also says he is working on an upgrade to his book, The Debian System, and is targeted for the Squeeze release. It also has a link to signup to be informed of it's progress. A book highly recommended.
For an idea that does not at first seem insane, there is no hope - Albert Einstein

edbarx

Re: The Debian System - book #2 coming

#2 Post by edbarx »

As far as I remember, I have a book by the same author and it is also about Debian. It is nice to have an updated edition.

@ OP
Thanks for the information. :)
Debian == { > 30, 000 packages }; Debian != systemd
The worst infection of all, is a false sense of security!
It is hard to get away from CLI tools.

Polaris96

Re: The Debian System - book #2 coming

#3 Post by Polaris96 »

"The Debian System" is seminal. I think we're really lucky to have it and would totally recommend it to anybody who's serious about Debian. I don't think it should be anyone's Linux Primer, but as a reference and an intermediate level sourcebook, I haven't seen anything better for any OS.

Can't wait for the second edition.
for as long as the world remains. for as long as time remains. so, too, will I remain. To serve. To help. And to make my contribution. Also, never forget our family at debianuserforums.org If we can't solve your problem, they probably can.