Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

(SOLVED) anybody familiar with mpc/mpd?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Job

(SOLVED) anybody familiar with mpc/mpd?

#1 Post by Job »

mpc/mpd works fine via ncmpcpp but

Code: Select all

mpc update
or

Code: Select all

mpc update --wait
really do not update the list of song displayed by ncmpcpp. I removed a bunch of songs from the music directory but altought those songs can't be played, they are still listed.
any trick?
Last edited by Job on 2013-05-09 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

Telemachus

Re: anybody familiar with mpc/mpd?

#2 Post by Telemachus »

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're describing, but I think the problem is that you have to quit ncmpcpp and restart it for the changes to take effect.

That is, if you start ncmpcpp, and then run mpc update in another window, the update won't be reflected in the first window running ncmpcpp. Other than that, I can't reproduce the problem.
"We have not been faced with the need to satisfy someone else's requirements, and for this freedom we are grateful."
Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, The UNIX Time-Sharing System

Job

#3 Post by Job »

Well, it goes like this:
I have songs 1, 2, 3 , 4, & 5 in the music directory. I removed them all then add 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. I update the directory after quitting ncmpcpp like you suggested. I load up ncmpcpp again and I have songs 1-10 listed altought 1-5 not in the music directory anymore. 1-5 don't play and rightfully so but my problem is that they should not be even listed. When I get a chance I will probaly just create another directory for mpc.
Thanks for your inputs.
#aptitude install life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debian 12 - FreeBSD

HungGarTiger

#4 Post by HungGarTiger »

Are they being listed in the "played list" or have they been added to any play list? You haven't mentioned where they are listed, this could be a big part of why they are listed. Just an idea though

Job

#5 Post by Job »

HungGarTiger wrote:Are they being listed in the "played list" or have they been added to any play list? You haven't mentioned where they are listed, this could be a big part of why they are listed. Just an idea though
This has to be my trouble. Playlists in /etc and in /home are empty.
Thanks
#aptitude install life
Debian 12 - FreeBSD