Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Microserver for home use

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
coppolino97

[Solved] Microserver for home use

#1 Post by coppolino97 »

Hi all,
I want install at home a microserver.
At the moment I have a linux SBC (BananaPi) that manage the following services in my LAN:
- DNS (so I can filters dangerous website)
- DHCP
- MediaCenter (I have installed Emby)
- File sharing using an external drive

I would replace it due to I prefer have a RAID for file sharing, due to at the moment it is single disk and on it I am saving backups and others files.
Moreover I would install a print server (for example using CUPS), but I can not at the moment due to there aren't driver for my two printers suitable with ARM CPU.

I know that there are NAS as QNAP, but I prefer a sort of small server due to I want install software without limitation.

Someone can suggest me a microserver? I have seen HP MicroServer and I have seen that there are used on Ebay.
Does someone know other hardware?

I prefer with low energy consumption.

Thanks so much :D
Last edited by coppolino97 on 2020-02-02 11:04, edited 2 times in total.
Lenovo T460 | 8Gbyte of RAM | Intel core i5 | SSD 250GB | Debian 12

coppolino97

Re: Microserver for home use

#2 Post by coppolino97 »

I have found this HP Microserver N36L.
In my opinion is a good solution for small server and NAS at home or very small office.

Thanks
:D
Lenovo T460 | 8Gbyte of RAM | Intel core i5 | SSD 250GB | Debian 12