Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is this an appropriate forum for questions re: Raspbian?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
mechamangamonkey

Is this an appropriate forum for questions re: Raspbian?

#1 Post by mechamangamonkey »

Hi all,

I am currently a freshman university student majoring in cyber engineering; the curriculum for the computer science course in which I am currently enrolled contains several exercises/activities involving the Raspberry Pi computer that each student was required to assemble at the start of the academic year, as do the curricula for the other two courses in the 13x (i.e. beginner) series. The operating system that we were required to install on the Raspberry Pi is the Raspbian OS, which, as I understand it, is some kind of Debian offshoot as opposed to being an actual version of Debian. Is this understanding correct, and if so, are the Debian User Forums still an appropriate place to ask questions about using Raspbian? If not, does anyone know of a more suitable place to direct Raspbian-related questions? I grew up in a Windows household and have little to no experience with using Linux aside from the coursework that I’ve done so far this school year.

Thanks in advance!
—CJ

Dai_trying

Re: Is this an appropriate forum for questions re: Raspbian?

#2 Post by Dai_trying »

While there will always be opinions on this I would argue the case for having a Debian system installed and if you experience an issue with Raspbian try it on your Debian installation, if the same problem persists then you can be fairly sure it would be a debian bug (or issue) which would duly merit a post in this forum, otherwise your best place would be the Raspbian forum (or one of the many similar Pi Forums).

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Is this an appropriate forum for questions re: Raspbian?

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

mechamangamonkey wrote:are the Debian User Forums still an appropriate place to ask questions about using Raspbian?
No. Please don't.
deadbang