Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem to reach wiki.debian.org

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Marie SWE

Problem to reach wiki.debian.org

#1 Post by Marie SWE »

Hi :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I know we have some developers of debian in here. But are there any in here who have contacts to debian.org?
It's often that I can not reach wiki.debian.org and I only get error 403 (Forbidden You are not allowed to access this!)

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p><p>You are not allowed to access this!</p></p>
I guess it has to do with IP filtering... for when I sometimes have different IP numbers(98.x.x.x) I do get access the web page.
But is it possible to contact them to release the netrange 85.x.x.x and also 155.x.x.x

Best regards Marie
Why make things complicated in life, if you can make it easier for yourself... Do it. ;o)
You only have one life, so make the most of it and enjoy it while you can.

craigevil

Re: Problem to reach wiki.debian.org

#2 Post by craigevil »

I have that happen every once in a while. it normally has to do with using a VPN, they block IPs that are considered spam for some. The OFTC IRC server does the same thing.

I just connect to a different IP on my VPN.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#3 Post by donald »

Send an email to wiki @ debian.org with your IP address and a request.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank

Marie SWE

#4 Post by Marie SWE »

donald wrote: 2021-08-17 19:16 Send an email to wiki @ debian.org with your IP address and a request.
Thank you for the suggestion, I will do that. :mrgreen:
Why make things complicated in life, if you can make it easier for yourself... Do it. ;o)
You only have one life, so make the most of it and enjoy it while you can.