Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

TechneNotes - New open-source note-taking app for Linux (especially for developers and scientists)

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
grovera

TechneNotes - New open-source note-taking app for Linux (especially for developers and scientists)

#1 Post by grovera »

Dear Debian users,
I would like to inform you that a new open-source Linux app called TechneNotes has been officially released (https://grovera.gitlab.io/technenotes/).
TechneNotes is an open-source Linux-native markdown note-taking software built for scientists and developers.
Please watch the introductory video to understand why TechneNotes was developed and how it may differ from other note-taking softwares (note: the video provides only a brief introduction, explore the software to discover more).
Here are some of TechneNotes features:
- performant database with support for hierarchical notes, pagination, ordering, and drag & drop functionalities
- Markdown editor with powerful formatting options, to create structured media-rich web pages without programming knowledge
- possibility to insert image/video galleries and links to local or remote files, to surpass the limitations of standard text documents
- multi-tabs support, links to other notes and content sharing between notes

TechneNotes is still under active development, so please refer to the official Github repository (https://github.com/grovera-md/TechneNotes) for documentation and/or issues.

IMPORTANT: I would love to see my software packaged for Debian, to allow a wider distribution. I have started going through the documentation, but any help / guidance would be appreciated. I have already detailed all the installation steps on the Github README file (either using Meson or with manual installation). I hope that someone will reach out to me.

Best regards,

TechneNotes creator