Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

What's the official recommended method to fix NO_PUBKEY errors during apt-get update?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
sockscap

What's the official recommended method to fix NO_PUBKEY errors during apt-get update?

#1 Post by sockscap »

It's a Debian stretch server (Armbian to be specific). When I ran "apt-get update" the day before yesterday, it gave me an error: "The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 648ACFD622F3D138 NO_PUBKEY 0E98404D386FA1D9".

I searched the Internet and finally resolved the issue by running the following commands:
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9

Initially I tried to use "--keyserver keyring.debian.org" but it didn't work. Therefore, I did some further research, and I read from https://wiki.debian.org/SecureApt that "The current and the retired Debian archive "signing" keys are available from https://ftp-master.debian.org/keys.html."

The latter web page provides the key as ".asc" files, but I cannot find how should I do with these ".asc" files. Could someone point out the official recommended method to fix such NO_PUBKEY errors? It's a bit strange that I have to consult ubuntu keyserver to fix Debian signing key issues.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What's the official recommended method to fix NO_PUBKEY errors during apt-get update?

#2 Post by sunrat »

Armbian is not Debian so we can't be certain how they handle their keys. I recommend asking on Armbian forums.

Topic moved to Offtopic as it's not about Debian.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!