Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Snaps don't run after running for the first time

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
JD-9

Snaps don't run after running for the first time

#1 Post by JD-9 »

Hi, I'm on Debian 11 (Bullseye). I'm using KDE Plasma DE. I've a problem with snaps. :( They don't run after running for the first time. Commands like,

Code: Select all

sudo snap refresh && snap list
are working. But,

sudo run <appname>
doesn't work! It always returns with an error: WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement cannot change profile for the next exec call: No such file or directory snap-update-ns failed with code 1. This didn't happen on Debian 10, this started after updating to Debian 11. :?

snap --version

snap    2.52.1
snapd   2.52.1
series  16
debian  11
kernel  5.10.0-9-amd64
I'd be glad if anyone could help me. At this point, I'm hopeless. I tried reinstalling, removing, and installing snapd again, cleared font cache, and I even reinstalled all the snaps but nothing works. :(

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Snaps don't run after running for the first time

#2 Post by Hallvor »

Is there any reason why you need to run the application with root privileges?

https://www.tecmint.com/manage-snaps-in-linux/
[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

JD-9

Re: Snaps don't run after running for the first time

#3 Post by JD-9 »

Hallvor wrote: 2021-10-26 20:12 Is there any reason why you need to run the application with root privileges?

https://www.tecmint.com/manage-snaps-in-linux/
No, there isn't. And snaps don't open even without root privileges.