Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

on libera.chat anonymously?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
hthi

on libera.chat anonymously?

#1 Post by hthi »

https://libera.chat/

On freenode irc I once made a whois. After that I accessed
freenode through tor. That stopped working.
And does not work on libera.chat either. Do you know
a workaround about accessing libera.chat
anonymously?
Thanks.

reinob

Re: on libera.chat anonymously?

#2 Post by reinob »

did you check https://libera.chat/guides/connect?

Note that "This service requires public-key SASL authentication using either the EXTERNAL or ECDSA-NIST256P-CHALLENGE (but not PLAIN) mechanisms. See our guide on setting up CertFP for more information."

Hund

#3 Post by Hund »

Can't you just use a VPN service?
Collect memories, not things.

Aspis

#4 Post by Aspis »

Uhh, I'm not trying to ramble, nor rant, not actually, though I wanted to suggest just a few things concisely context of the topic of IRC Channel behavoir of various different people.

I just think it's weird that there's so much seeming pretense amidst the Free Software Foundation members.
I never had a problem getting along with people of various different types, not at all, though it seems like amidst the IRC Channel members, "Troll-Name-Calling" is an epidemic. It's like, suddenly the Nerds & Geeks found their own niche, & don't need Ferris Beuller types of friendly people anymore, not at all, & I wonder what that's about whilst everybody is potentially hundreds or thousands of miles apart & anonymously behind the safety of their Computer Monitors.

I would think that the situation is sort of obvious, & that there are potentially hundreds or even thousands of other people of a similar perspective about rude behavoir.

It's just something that I wanted to make note about.
Concisely, the scenario is as simple as that: Obvious.
Thanks.
I'm talking about the Future...
In a Space Ship...
In Outer Space...

"How does an Operating System work?"

It's Information, & Clerical Team Work.

Trihexagonal
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#5 Post by Trihexagonal »

Aspis wrote: 2022-06-06 05:21
I just think it's weird that there's so much seeming pretense amidst the Free Software Foundation members.
I never had a problem getting along with people of various different types, not at all, though it seems like amidst the IRC Channel members, "Troll-Name-Calling" is an epidemic. It's like, suddenly the Nerds & Geeks found their own niche, & don't need Ferris Beuller types of friendly people anymore, not at all, & I wonder what that's about whilst everybody is potentially hundreds or thousands of miles apart & anonymously behind the safety of their Computer Monitors.
I noticed a division in the Linux community and drew it to their attention at Distrowatch, but that more along the lines of those who used the command line and those who wanted nothing to do with it. Debian is now considered a hard Operating System to use by the same people who used to complain about FreeBSD and Arch being hard to use.

What happened? Debian didn't get any harder to use and neither FreeBSD or Arch got easier. The change was in the dumbing down of the Linux userbase.

The change was much more visceral in the FreeBSD community and more along the lines you describe. I'll spare you the details but leads directly to where we are today.

I'm not an IT guy, have never worked in a computer related field or taken a computer course of any kind in my life.

I'm a Behaviorist with close to 50 years experience, addressing inappropriate Behavior through the use of Behavior Management and Behavior Modification my specialized area of expertise not taught since 1982.

However, I taught my bot Demonica to use it and am the first person in history to do so. I thought that was innovative and a good thing, but the only one who did. Good and bad so subjective.

Possibly the reason Google took me in. :)
When Darkness takes everything embrace what Darkness brings.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by sunrat »

This topic fizzled out 7 months ago. It's not the place for random rambles and rants.
Open a new topic if you must, or join one of several rant topics which are still open. Be nice to see some facts, statistics, quotes, or sources for these conjectures too, to give the discussion some base and meaning.
Topic locked.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!