Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Setup of Python on my machine: - how to get a fresh one?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
say_hello

Setup of Python on my machine: - how to get a fresh one?

#1 Post by say_hello »

hello dear community,

first of all: a happy new year to all of you. I wish you all a great and sucessful new year!

i have VSCode running on a Linux-box (as VSCodium) - but at the office it runs also - on a Win10 - system.
The setup of my VSCode is somewhat messy. I have set it up years ago on a Win 10 pro
setup_image_.jpg
setup_image_.jpg (43.95 KiB) Viewed 7686 times
i have VSCode running on a Linux-box (as VSCodium) - but at the office it runs also - on a Win10 - system. 

As said above: the setup of my VSCode is somewhat messy. i think that i have to get a fresh system.

purpose: i want to code in python.
but there were added some extensions which messed it up - arduino-extensions and

platform.io and other things more
i guess that i have messed it up

question: how to check the whole system - and get rid of all the mess and the thing that i do not need any more.

see some insights https://imgur.com/a4QB6K7

How to fix this setup - how to get a fresh and tidy new VSCode - that runs of Python!?

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Setup of Python on my machine: - how to get a fresh one?

#2 Post by arochester »

It is difficult to imagine what you are looking for.
i have VSCode running on a Linux-box
Uninstall VSCode and start again?

How to uninstall VS Code >>> https://www.linuxcapable.com/how-to-ins ... debian-11/

jake19

Re: Setup of Python on my machine: - how to get a fresh one?

#3 Post by jake19 »

Since you know how to install it: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=145612&p=717429#p717429

don't you then know how to UNinstall it? And REinstall it?