Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

tails questions

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
securityresearcher86

tails questions

#1 Post by securityresearcher86 »

Several questions from a persona participating in the tails community.

I am wondering what people care about, so I have several questions. There is a tails persona that has the following characteristics: an oppressive regime will not allow the persona to get good work or reproduce; there is a lifetime “pattern of abuse” (USC 34 "freemasonry / exploitative community spy net since 9/11?" or by a sophisticated gang) in which the persona is completely excluded from social life so that other people can dehumanize them by taking away all the opportunities and positive identity qualities from the persona; privacy is violated in perpetuity but nothing is found and the wife and work is taken from the persona anyway.

Are people aware that tor circuits can be manipulated? Who can do this? Who can select the nodes?

How is ssl strip automated from within nearly all tor circuits generated by the OS?

Are people aware that electromagnetic attacks can be directed at a user?
There are emf side channel attacks. If someone tries to persist, the password and partitioning can be changed remotely. This happens when there is no network connection, no wifi or bluetooth components present in the computer. So how does this happen? Someone can lock onto the processor from a great distance, which is broadcasting with ergs, because consumer computers are not electromagnetically shielded?

There are .onion downloads available, for Qubes OS for example. Qubes also updates through https and onion. But some people think downloading on tor is forbidden, eventhough that is the foundation of Qubes. It may slow down the network, but sometimes it is necessary because VPNs get compromised and there are no safe ways to obtain software. What is up with this? People are expected to own their ISP so that their downloads are not corrupted? Onion servers have to be built to have secure downloads?

What is to be done about firmware attacks? Coreboot is not always an option. .CAP bios (not bin) changes a processor into a network tap?

Looks like some people need electromagnetically shielded computers without proprietary firmware blobs in order to work and reproduce. There is no work or intimacy for this person’s lifetime because there is an advance digital attacker. And if they can’t find anything, they just try to frame and fabricate. Do we care about this persona?

If you don't have privacy, you can't work or reproduce. It isn't the other way around. Endless perfection waiting is of no use.

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: tails questions

#2 Post by canci »

securityresearcher86 wrote: 2022-01-12 18:06 reproduce [...]
freemasonry [...]
I am wondering what people care about...
I for one don't care much for eugenic conspiracy theories with antisemitic dog whistles in my tech forums.
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

ticojohn

#3 Post by ticojohn »

canci wrote: 2022-01-12 18:52
securityresearcher86 wrote: 2022-01-12 18:06 reproduce [...]
freemasonry [...]
I am wondering what people care about...
I for one don't care much for eugenic conspiracy theories with antisemitic dog whistles in my tech forums.
Looks like many conspiracy theorists have found a new home in the Offtopic section of this forum. Seems like every day there is another post that appears to be there solely for the purpose of eliciting responses from other conspiracy theorists. Sad. :(
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.

Diesel330

#4 Post by Diesel330 »

I find this kind of posts interesting, otherwise I have no reason to be here except if I have a technical problem

ticojohn

#5 Post by ticojohn »

Diesel330 wrote: 2022-01-12 19:23 I find this kind of posts interesting, otherwise I have no reason to be here except if I have a technical problem
Gee, and I thought the reason this forum exists is to provide help with technical problems. There are all kinds of sites where people can go to see what the wackadoodles have to say.

Diesel330

#6 Post by Diesel330 »

ticojohn wrote: 2022-01-12 19:49
Diesel330 wrote: 2022-01-12 19:23 I find this kind of posts interesting, otherwise I have no reason to be here except if I have a technical problem
Gee, and I thought the reason this forum exists is to provide help with technical problems. There are all kinds of sites where people can go to see what the wackadoodles have to say.
Mention some example sites please, seriously this forum is the most extreme I have found

mm3100

#7 Post by mm3100 »

Mention some example sites please, seriously this forum is the most extreme I have found
Beside random posts that worryingly started in last month or two, I wouldn't call this forum to be most extreme I have seen.

ticojohn

#8 Post by ticojohn »

Diesel330 wrote: 2022-01-12 19:52
ticojohn wrote: 2022-01-12 19:49
One search gave me this
https://www.conspiracies.net/best-consp ... Report.%20
Enjoy.

Diesel330

#9 Post by Diesel330 »

Debian should be free as free speech and with free speech come all kinds of side effects.

argentwolf

#10 Post by argentwolf »

As a conspiracy analysts, the rules I thought were very clear as to what can be presented/discussed on this forum and specifically in this section:
What's on topic in Offtopic?

#1 Post by kink » 2007-07-30 10:36
Dear forum members,

Please take note that the Debian User Forums' primary goal is for users to exchange information about Debian. We've got an Offtopic section, but please limit yourself to subjects that are at least remotely, vaguely related to Debian. That is:

Topics should at least touch on subjects related to computing or technology.

Thank you for your cooperation.
I agree wholeheartedly and think the above reasonable, but as technology today is completely politicized, the forum master's flex the right to censor/delete/deny anything that scares or hurts feelings regardless of fact, truth, or reasoned logic, and when 'conspiracy' is so quickly thrown on the table, its intentional use is to shut down speech (just as what was immediately done on this thread). You're expected to NPC the unwritten line or the SJW's attack, and when they squeak, the forum master's must act to comfort, protect, and quickly eliminate any trace of discomfort.
Debian is a global partner and like all Giant Tech today, they also effort to be inclusive, meaning: There are NO brakes on the feel train!
https://www.debian.org/intro/diversity

P.S. Everything stated above is conspiracy to someone...and matter of fact to someone else. Free speech is about using words, however. Huh!
Vanguard Debian, because nothing's worse than doing nothing, whimsically!
32-bit | 2 Duo T5270 @ 1.40GHz x 2 CPU | 3.9GiB RAM | NV86 117MiB GPU | 465.76GiB SSD
64-bit | i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz x 8 CPU | 15.6GiB RAM | NVD9 1.9GiB GPU | 931.51GiB SSD

ticojohn

#11 Post by ticojohn »

Freedom of speech without social responsibility leads to chaos and the decline of societies. History is fraught with examples. One needs only to open ones eyes, and observe the truth that is self evident. I'll leave it at that with no further comments on this subject.

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#12 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

securityresearcher86 wrote: 2022-01-12 18:06
I believe that some people consider a sheet of aluminium foil wrapped around the cranium can prevent such attacks.

Fossy
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#13 Post by Fossy »

FreewheelinFrank wrote: 2022-01-12 23:35
securityresearcher86 wrote: 2022-01-12 18:06 Are people aware that electromagnetic attacks can be directed at a user?
I believe that some people consider a sheet of aluminium foil wrapped around the cranium can prevent such attacks.
Couldn't this also be efficient ?
ASUS GL753VD / X550LD / K54HR / X751LAB ( x2 )
Bookworm12.5_Cinnamon / Calamares Single Boot installations
Firefox ESR / DuckDuckGo / Thunderbird / LibreOffice / GIMP / eID Software

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cu ... so-hybrid/

argentwolf

#14 Post by argentwolf »

ticojohn wrote: 2022-01-12 22:53 Freedom of speech without social responsibility leads to chaos and the decline of societies. History is fraught with examples. One needs only to open ones eyes, and observe the truth that is self evident. I'll leave it at that with no further comments on this subject.
squeak! squeak! squeak! :lol:
32-bit | 2 Duo T5270 @ 1.40GHz x 2 CPU | 3.9GiB RAM | NV86 117MiB GPU | 465.76GiB SSD
64-bit | i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz x 8 CPU | 15.6GiB RAM | NVD9 1.9GiB GPU | 931.51GiB SSD

argentwolf

#15 Post by argentwolf »

securityresearcher86 wrote: 2022-01-12 18:06 Several questions from a persona participating in the tails community.

I am wondering what people care about, so I have several questions. There is a tails persona that has the following characteristics: an oppressive regime will not allow the persona to get good work or reproduce; there is a lifetime “pattern of abuse” (USC 34 "freemasonry / exploitative community spy net since 9/11?" or by a sophisticated gang) in which the persona is completely excluded from social life so that other people can dehumanize them by taking away all the opportunities and positive identity qualities from the persona; privacy is violated in perpetuity but nothing is found and the wife and work is taken from the persona anyway.

Are people aware that tor circuits can be manipulated? Who can do this? Who can select the nodes?

How is ssl strip automated from within nearly all tor circuits generated by the OS?

There are emf side channel attacks. If someone tries to persist, the password and partitioning can be changed remotely. This happens when there is no network connection, no wifi or bluetooth components present in the computer. So how does this happen? Someone can lock onto the processor from a great distance, which is broadcasting with ergs, because consumer computers are not electromagnetically shielded?

There are .onion downloads available, for Qubes OS for example. Qubes also updates through https and onion. But some people think downloading on tor is forbidden, eventhough that is the foundation of Qubes. It may slow down the network, but sometimes it is necessary because VPNs get compromised and there are no safe ways to obtain software. What is up with this? People are expected to own their ISP so that their downloads are not corrupted? Onion servers have to be built to have secure downloads?

What is to be done about firmware attacks? Coreboot is not always an option. .CAP bios (not bin) changes a processor into a network tap?

Looks like some people need electromagnetically shielded computers without proprietary firmware blobs in order to work and reproduce. There is no work or intimacy for this person’s lifetime because there is an advance digital attacker. And if they can’t find anything, they just try to frame and fabricate. Do we care about this persona?

If you don't have privacy, you can't work or reproduce. It isn't the other way around. Endless perfection waiting is of no use.
While your quandary's are interesting to contemplate, such efforts have expeditiously become pointless, the game we think as security and privacy is not 'the same game' being played, there is no escape. We've created ourselves as competitive, irrelevant...thanks everyone. AI can only be defended against with AI. D'oh!

"How is Quantum Computing Impacting the Cybersecurity Industry?"
https://www.analyticsinsight.net/how-is ... -industry/

securityresearcher86

#16 Post by securityresearcher86 »

:lol: It's just the truth. The credibility of the truth is often attacked when there is a significant bias against it.

There are many technical questions posed in the first post. No one has really made any reply about it. I am am an empiricist reporting the facts. Theoreticians can have their distortions if they like. I have made my observations. I'm wondering if any one knows the reasons why the machine behavior I have been observing has occured.

Things like this exist: https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/ ... lware.html
It is funny people don't believe in the Maxwell Equations Group.

That's why I'm talking to the community. See what you all think. Trying to utilize the software the best way I can. Thanks.

argentwolf

#17 Post by argentwolf »

If one is only trusting this 3D realm matrix for their facts, you leave yourself away from your true nature and the reality not explained of the higher dimensions. But, please tell us this "machine behavior I have been observing" and someone might attempt to 'theorize' an answer...

Diesel330

#18 Post by Diesel330 »

Once I was asking questions about Tails under a YouTube video and one guy replied to me with one word ''NO'', I replied ''NO?'', ''NO'' he said... and I deleted the original comment.