Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Librewolf cut and paste problem

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Bulkley

Librewolf cut and paste problem

#1 Post by Bulkley »

The Librewolf browser is very good but it has a problem with cut and paste. This may or may not be an appimage problem. There is some chatter about it on-line but no fix so far. Librewolf FAQ doesn't mention it. Has anyone else here run into it?

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: Librewolf cut and paste problem

#2 Post by cds60601 »

You will create and populate a file called librewolf.overrides.cfg that will reside in the .librewolf directory.
You will need to set your custom confis in there. This would include the ability of copy/paste.

I went through this when I wanted to run librewolf. What I can post, is what I used.

Code: Select all

// prevent websites from storing session data like cookies and forms, increase time between session saves
defaultPref("browser.sessionstore.privacy_level", 4);

// mouse and input
// defaultPref("clipboard.autocopy", true); // disable autocopy to clibpboard
In short, the above allows some "breakage" of the librewolf security by saving session cookies (like remembering settings of a website, etc) and allows me to use copy/paste.
In not sure I fully understand that section called mouse and input but I have not further tested to remove the modified entry for copy/paste. I left it alone.

Your mileage will vary - but I suggest searching based on the file name librewolf.overrides.cfg

UPDATE: I commented out the mouse and input section and still used copy/paste. I have made that modification above.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Bulkley

#3 Post by Bulkley »

Thanks, cds60601. I haven't been able to make it work yet but the librewolf.overrides.cfg is a good place to start.

kedaha

#4 Post by kedaha »

I got interested in librewolf recently after reading a forum topic and first I installed it from FlatPak but then I found the fonts were a bit dim and not easy to read. I also encountered the cut and paste problem. So I removed it and installed it by adding the upstream repository and now it's just like using my usual firefox-esr.
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.