Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cddl GPL compatibility like mpl

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
natewrench

Cddl GPL compatibility like mpl

#1 Post by natewrench »

Hey I was wondering since cddl and mpl source form files could be sublicensed into a larger work under any license, can it be presumed that it implicitly grants dual licensing with the gpl since any license could mean GPL. I mean mpl used a TRI license for many years before adopting mplv2 so can the same logic apply since in theory and spirit a cddl file merging with a GPL project like Linux could be dual licensed. I mean remember cdrtools and how shilling changed the license from GPL to cddl well I don't think he could do that legally anyway since the derivatives had to have been under GPL, I think it's ok since he implicitly allowed a dual cddl GPL license. Otherwise he would have been in violation

oswaldkelso
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Cddl GPL compatibility like mpl

#2 Post by oswaldkelso »

Free Software Matters
Ash init durbatulûk, ash init gimbatul,
Ash init thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
My oldest used PC: 1999 imac 333Mhz 256MB PPC abandoned by Debian