Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem of sign-in to Google Account

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Trihexagonal
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: Problem of sign-in to Google Account

#21 Post by Trihexagonal »

As a personally invited member of the Google Product Expert Program I would advise you not delete your account, but here's how to do it if you choose to do so:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

Here's how to get it back once you realize the magic has left your life:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6236295

In time you will grow to love your Robot Overlords.
Just like i did.
When Darkness takes everything embrace what Darkness brings.

Segfault

#22 Post by Segfault »

I'd rather have Apple. Although I do not think there is much difference in spying on users. Apple account I must have, I usually keep a Mac in my all-Linux-BSD household. My last Mac sunk in 2016 flood, I was living without until recently I saw a Mini in eBay for $160 and couldn't resist. It so happens this old 2014 Mini is one of those models which is allowed to run Monterey, so it should last some time for me. But since I do not use this Mac daily and even if I fire it up it won't log into my Apple account I don't feel the danger lurking as I feel with Google.

fch

#23 Post by fch »

Come on guys, self-hosting is not a monster with 3 heads. We need more people self-hosting, and offering that solution to family and friends. That's the way I see to move away from gugol, feisbuk and etc.

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#24 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

fch wrote: 2022-09-26 05:08 Come on guys, self-hosting is not a monster with 3 heads. We need more people self-hosting, and offering that solution to family and friends. That's the way I see to move away from gugol, feisbuk and etc.
+1

You know what' funny? Boogle and Facepalm (pretending to be Meta now) are afraid that we can actually do this ;) - because that would show, that we don't need them at all ... ;)
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

fch

#25 Post by fch »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote: 2022-10-09 19:30
fch wrote: 2022-09-26 05:08 Come on guys, self-hosting is not a monster with 3 heads. We need more people self-hosting, and offering that solution to family and friends. That's the way I see to move away from gugol, feisbuk and etc.
+1

You know what' funny? Boogle and Facepalm (pretending to be Meta now) are afraid that we can actually do this ;) - because that would show, that we don't need them at all ... ;)
With solutions like freedombox and yunohost etc, it's much easier now!
Attachments
index.png
index.png (8.56 KiB) Viewed 770 times