Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Minor Qt errors with running backintime --backup with runuser

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
s3a

Minor Qt errors with running backintime --backup with runuser

#1 Post by s3a »

I'm running the backintime --backup command with runuser as follows.:

Code: Select all

runuser --login myusername -c 'backintime --backup'
The program does work as intended except that it gives the following bad output (within the successful output).:
QPainter::begin Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
QWidget::render: Cannot render with an inactive painter
QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set

The system is the frozen Debian bullseye. I have another bullseye system that does not have this issue. The one with the issue is a fresh bullseye installation, and the one without the problem I upgraded from at least one previous version. (I don't remember how long I had that installation for.)

I tried doing things such as follows.:

export DISPLAY=:0 && export XAUTHORITY=/home/myusername/.Xauthority && export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000 && runuser --login myusername -c 'export DISPLAY=:0 && export XAUTHORITY=/home/myusername/.Xauthority && export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000 && xauth generate :0 . trusted && backintime --backup
Having the export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000 within the runuser (but not outside of it) seems to have an effect at removing the

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to 'tmp/runtime-myusername'
output, but the rest that I mentioned above stays, and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Could someone please help me get rid of those messages in a good way?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Use Mnemosyne to Study for School!