Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Console font size

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Whipser

Console font size

#1 Post by Whipser »

Hello everybody
I need to change the console font size, I know there is /etc/default/console-setup with line FONTSIZE="??x??" that specify the font size.
the problem is i am doubling both numbers after a reboot the only thing changed is the numbers in the file.
I can't see any changes on the monitor.
I tested change each number once but same results.
I doubled number in different computer with Debian 10 Buster and it worked very well.
I thoght maybe in version 11 bullseye font size is controlling from somewhere else
Thanks for helping

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Console font size

#2 Post by arochester »

Look at e.g. https://www.linux.com/topic/desktop/how ... ole-fonts/

The font size is the actual size of the font you have, and not just the size of the font you want.

ghst

#3 Post by ghst »

im stsrting from hello world day one linux, programming, and cs. i have bad eyes and need to change the font size. can someone help me please?

arzgi

#4 Post by arzgi »

ghst wrote: 2022-03-11 14:35 im stsrting from hello world day one linux, programming, and cs. i have bad eyes and need to change the font size. can someone help me please?
Hijacking someone else's thread is bad behavior, better start a new thread.

But to your guestion, you need to give more info. @arochester gave link concerning console font.