Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Command-line to start package manager in a Chrome container.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
aamcle

Command-line to start package manager in a Chrome container.

#1 Post by aamcle »

Good Morning All.

I have Deb running in a container under Chrome OS and this gives me the extra apps I needed.
Following a set of instruction I installed KDE and with it a bunch of apps which include things I want like libre office and lots of bits I don't want.

StartKde does not work there is some issue with xserver fortunately I'm not very bothered about sorting that out.

Most of the apps have there own icon in the Linux group but deb's package manager does not and would need to be started from the command line.

I don't want to manually remove the unwanted apps, there a quite a number I don't need and I'd probably break something.

I'd be very grateful if you would post the command string to start the package manager, I hope it works without the KDE GUI running.

Many Thanks aamcle