Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Failed to unmount data partition

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
ejohb

Failed to unmount data partition

#1 Post by ejohb »

Always when I shut off or reboot my machine it shows this message, the reboot and power down gets completed nothing is getting stuck but still should I be worried with this message?
here is the mount point in fstab I created it using gnome disks software:

/dev/disk/by-uuid/4aae9f44-3248-4193-8955-f448d5ea6c20 /dados/ ext4 nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show 0 0

something here could be wrong? should I be worried my data might get corrupted?
its and HDD btw

thanks for reading

southern_admin

Re: Failed to unmount data partition

#2 Post by southern_admin »

By any chance do you have any logs being written to that partition?

If so, the problem could be journald. Have you tried adding a shutdown hook to mkinitcpio's HOOKS= array, e.g:

HOOKS="base udev autodetect block keymap encrypt lvm2 filesystems usbinput fsck var shutdown"

ejohb

#3 Post by ejohb »

southern_admin wrote: 2021-11-12 21:27 By any chance do you have any logs being written to that partition?

If so, the problem could be journald. Have you tried adding a shutdown hook to mkinitcpio's HOOKS= array, e.g:

HOOKS="base udev autodetect block keymap encrypt lvm2 filesystems usbinput fsck var shutdown"
Hello friend, thank you for the reply, I think the issue is that I have my home directory in there, using symbolic links.

I mean that my home directory is a symbolic link to a folder in the data partition which shows the issue of not getting unmounted.

I tried rebooting an user account which doesn't have the symbolic link, and only this user was logged in, and it didn't show this error.

=)

southern_admin

#4 Post by southern_admin »

Good to know!