Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Suspend Not Working Properly on Debian 11 XFCE

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
bowline

Suspend Not Working Properly on Debian 11 XFCE

#1 Post by bowline »

Hey, I have an issue with my installation of Debian 11 XFCE. I am pretty new to Linux, so please forgive me if I don't get the terminology or technicalities correct. The main issue is that when I put my computer into suspend mode, there's about a 40% chance that when I go to wake it up from suspend, the computer turns on but the screen remains black. It has not ran out of charge; as I have left it on charge when it was in suspend and also suspended for short periods of time on a full charge. If I leave it on the black screen for a minute or two, it flickers on to a massive stream of terminal mumbo jumbo which I do not know the meaning of. I managed to snag a few images of the terminal output, which you can see in the attached images. You can also see a neofetch in attached for my system's specs. If I need to improve on anything or change anything in this thread please let me know, as I am quite new to this and would be happy to help with any questions anybody has about my situation.

Thanks for any replies or help in advance.
Attachments
nfetch.png
nfetch.png (61.92 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
bar-min.png
bar-min.png (302.76 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
unknown.png
unknown.png (294.48 KiB) Viewed 3058 times

bowline

Re: Suspend Not Working Properly on Debian 11 XFCE

#2 Post by bowline »

Any ideas?

argentwolf

Re: Suspend Not Working Properly on Debian 11 XFCE

#3 Post by argentwolf »

FWIW, I saw this which might direct you somewhere... :idea:

"XFCE 4.14/16 black screen after idle or suspend"
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=15294
Vanguard Debian, because nothing's worse than doing nothing, whimsically!
32-bit | 2 Duo T5270 @ 1.40GHz x 2 CPU | 3.9GiB RAM | NV86 117MiB GPU | 465.76GiB SSD
64-bit | i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz x 8 CPU | 15.6GiB RAM | NVD9 1.9GiB GPU | 931.51GiB SSD