Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bridge not working anymore

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
warnings

Bridge not working anymore

#1 Post by warnings »

Hello,

I have an issue with my bridge working well before updating my system and not working anymore after the update with the same configuration :(
I try a lot of things but can't found what can block return/input packets.

I have two interface eth0 and eth1 just initialized/up without any IP
A bridge br0 configured with STP on and eth0 + eth1. Vlan aware without any IP.
A vlan interface with raw device pointing on br0 with a dhcp address.

I can view dhcp requests and reply from the dhcp server coming on the switch interface but not coming back to br0 seem blocked before. (port mirroring on the switch)
Bridge have both interface in forwarding state and output packets take the right vlan from vlan interface all is rights.
I try with a computer plugged behind eth1 and same can view output packets on br0 but reply not come to br0 for passtrough to eth1
Br0 is up and running
iptables have no rules at all same for ebtables and even nft tables are empty.
Ip forwarding wasn't activated before but even if I active that it's change nothing.
I can't understand where go these packets and who can drop that ?
I try to pass eth0 and eth1 in promiscuous mode but it's change nothing
Bridge mac show only local address but not show switch mac address from the address table on the switch can view br0 interface mac address and eth0 mac too without issue.

What I can try I have no more idea and shouldn't be so hard. With same parameters is running well until this update.

I have another issue on another computer. When I set a MTU at 4500 I have really strange behavior never happen before.
I can open a file like fstab with nano but vim freeze. I can type scp command but when I push on enter freeze.
I go back with a MTU of 1500 all work fine. You have an idea what I can look for this problem ?
Before the update all work fine with the MTU at 4500 and after upgrade I need to go back at 1500. Someone already encounter this type of issue ?

Thank you for your help :)