Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mount Windows parition in Debian

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
fgarraud63

Mount Windows parition in Debian

#1 Post by fgarraud63 »

Hello,

I have currently two partition. One with Debian and one with Windows and i can choose which one i want to use during through Grub.

Nevertheless, while using debian is it possible to mount windows partition (like a virtual machine for instance) and launch it within debian too ?

Thanks

peer

Re: Mount Windows parition in Debian

#2 Post by peer »

No,
you can mount the windows partition and read and write files. But you cannot run windows programs.

Victor Brand

#3 Post by Victor Brand »

Yes, you can mount a windows partition in Linux and do this automatically during startup if you make an entry for in in /etc/fstab.

No, you can't run windows applications in Linux right away, you need some sort of an emulator (e.g. WINE) for this.

You can boot your windows installation in a virtual machine, though, if you passthrough your windows partition to a hypervisor (it is possible with Qemu).

fgarraud63

#4 Post by fgarraud63 »

Thanks,

Hello Victor , do you mean i could boot my current windows partition as a virtual machine in Debian ?