Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Legal issue using squid in a HTTPS request

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
gincagnoli

Legal issue using squid in a HTTPS request

#1 Post by gincagnoli »

Hi there,

I want to mount a proxysquid on a debian server linux solution.

I have a work project to do, seting up a proxy that must prevent students from connecting to various websites.

What do you think of the proxy's handling of HTTPS requests, isn't that a crime of handling requests deemed secure in TLS protocole between a server and its client?

Have a great day.
Sincerely, Gregory.

trinidad

Re: Legal issue using squid in a HTTPS request

#2 Post by trinidad »

I want to mount a proxysquid on a debian server linux solution
https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/squid
isn't that a crime of handling requests deemed secure in TLS protocole between a server and its client
NO except maybe in China, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, or Russia. Not in the US, the entire UK, India, or most of Europe. Also a minor student is tacitly subject to the rules of the classroom, as long as they are not taught criminality, in which case the rules don't apply and the teachers are liable to prosecution. It is NOT a crime to censor content for minors, and at the University level it's moot because the students would rebel and hack the system anyway. It is worth noting that prosecuting cyber crime originators is a legal morass in the US because most of it originates or is looped in from offshore, however tort law can still be applied in some cases that involve constitutional law.

TC
You can't believe your eyes if your imagination is out of focus.