Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unable to restore via timeshift unsupported subvolume layout

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
4joeyirosh1

Unable to restore via timeshift unsupported subvolume layout

#1 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

Hi!I have Debian 11 64 bit installed on my machine.

I have BTRFS linux partitions and also Windows partitions as I have a dual boot Windows 10 Debian 11 machine.My partitions are as shown below from gparted.

I am practicing how to backup and restore my linux using timeshift as a precaution so as to be ready when one day I break my linux by installing wrong applications or incase my hard disk fails and I need to rebuild my linux on a new hard drive with the exact customizations that I had on previous drive.

Using the youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE0lyWodWdU I tried following exact same steps ie backing up my / /boot and home volumes with timeshift using rsync,booting up with live linux-lite and trying to restore using the timeshift thats installed on the live CD of linux-lite.When I reach the select target device and click Next I get message below and I am unable to proceed further

Kindly help in resolving this.