Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No suspend to ram available, only s2idle

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
gforgas

No suspend to ram available, only s2idle

#1 Post by gforgas »

Hello,

I'm opening a thread in this forum and I hope it is the right place to ask for help.

I've been searching information around the web regarding the different available states a machine could have for suspending the system (acpi). At the moment, I'm owning a Latitude 5420 (see probe https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=1356be4391) running Debian 10 with kernel 5.10. When I use systemctl suspend it does suspend but it drains my battery overnight to 10-20%.

When I read /sys/power/mem_sleep file, this is the output I get :

Code: Select all

sudo cat /sys/power/mem_sleep 
[s2idle]
If I try to write this file as sudoer or logged in as root I get the following. The same result happens if I go via vim or any editor.

Code: Select all

sudo echo deep >> /sys/power/mem_sleep
bash: /sys/power/mem_sleep: Permission denied

echo deep >> /sys/power/mem_sleep
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
I've been reading that some Dell notebooks don't allow other sleep states than s2idle on Linux, may this be the case? I haven't been able to track other users with my notebook reporting this issue, hence my post here.

If you need further output from different commands I'll be glad to provide.

Thanks in advance!