Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9.99 and Smbv3.0

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Logos82

Debian 9.99 and Smbv3.0

#1 Post by Logos82 »

Hi Guys,

i need some infos concerning the possibility to use Smbv3.0 on debian 9 distribution.
Officially, debian 9 not support smbv3, but i can not use Debian 10 or more because the applications that are running on linux server are certified for debian 9, not for debian 10.

There's a way to use debian 9 with smbv3.0 or it's absolutely not possible?

Thanks
Stefano

arzgi

Re: Debian 9.99 and Smbv3.0

#2 Post by arzgi »

i have never used samba, but search engines almost every day. Already Debian 8 Jessie's mount.cifs had SMBv3.0 support.

I wonder where did you get that info.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Debian 9.99 and Smbv3.0

#3 Post by steve_v »

Logos82 wrote: 2021-07-23 10:14 Officially, debian 9 not support smbv3
Debian Stretch ships samba 4.5.16, which supports SMB protocol v3.0 as both server and client.
What are you actually trying to achieve?

Aside, there is no such thing as "Debian 9.99". The latest Stretch point release is 9.13.
I don't know where you are getting your information, but you might want to try something else... Like, say, the official Debian documentation and the samba manual pages.

Ed. Looking through your post history, I see you've asked the same question, WRT different random Debian versions, in the same vague way three times now.
You have also abandoned the other two without bothering to reply to those trying to help you.

As such, good bye.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.