Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Burn 2 bootable linux image iso on 2 partitions on same USB

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
4joeyirosh1

[SOLVED] Burn 2 bootable linux image iso on 2 partitions on same USB

#1 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

Hi!I have Debian Bullseye 64 bit installed on my machine.I also use openSUSE and have my machine dual boot both Linux distros.

I wanted to create a bootable USB disk for both distros by burning both Debian and openSUSE iso files on the same USB flash disk.I have created 2 BTRFS partitions on the USB,one to hold the Debian bootable ISO and the other to hold the openSUSE bootable iso.

Unfortunately,when I use the Disk Image Writer tool in Debian,it states it will erase the entire USB but I want to burn the Debian ISO only on one partition and then burn the openSUSE ISO on the second partition so that if any of my linux distros fail,I can boot either distro from the same USB.

Kindly advise if what I am requesting is even feasible and the tool to achieve both distros ISO writing on the same USB.

Thanks.
Last edited by 4joeyirosh1 on 2021-07-30 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

4joeyirosh1

Re: Burn 2 bootable linux image iso on 2 partitions on same USB

#3 Post by 4joeyirosh1 »

arochester wrote: 2021-07-30 10:32 Have you tried Ventoy? https://www.linux.org/threads/usb-linux ... toy.29944/
Thanks. @arochester Ventoy works like a charm. :D :D :mrgreen: