Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Where is gpg.conf in Debain?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Onsemeliot

Where is gpg.conf in Debain?

#1 Post by Onsemeliot »

Is it normal that the "gpg.conf" file isn't located in "~./gnupg" on Debian?

Today I finally wanted to repair the problem that I can't connect to any keyservers any longer. It seems the European GDPR caused many keyservers to be not available any more. But some seem to have switched from "http" to "https" (or from "hkp" to "hkps"). And if I understand this right at least those should still work. The recommendation I so far found is that "keyserver.ubuntu.com" and "keys.openpgp.org" will still work. Now I need to set them as the key servers to use in my configuration file. But for some reason I can't find one. Is it located in a different folder or is this configuration information even included in an other file on Debian? (I wasn't successful searching for the file on my system and didn't find anything in the documentation about a different structure in Debian so far either. The documentation on gnupg.org seems to be mostly outdated too. Even on stackexchange.com I didn't find what I need.)

I tried to set those key servers in Seahorse but I am not surprised that this doesn't work because this tool has been broken for me for years now and I usually do in the terminal what fails in the GUI. The main issue here seems to be that Seahorse in Debian Buster doesn't allow to set "hkps" and defaults to "hkp" instead. (I want to update Debian to Bullseye as soon as possible but I'm not there yet. It could easily be that the problem isn't present there at all.)