Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Broadcom bcm4352 wl operation not permitted.

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
henryblake

Broadcom bcm4352 wl operation not permitted.

#1 Post by henryblake »

I'm having no luck getting my wifi driver installed. I'm at the point where I have broadcom-sta-dkms and dkms installed. I try loading the driver using sudo modprobe wl and I get this error.

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'wl': Operation not permitted

Is something locked?

The system has been up and running for almost a year. I had 10.7 running the whole time and the wifi worked fine. I decided to install 11.2 the other day and do a clean wipe. Now I can't get the wifi working. Not sure if it's a driver issue with 11.2 or not.

I don't have a lot of experience with linux, but can follow directions so let me know what info you need and I'll be more than happy to provide.

rskildum

Re: Broadcom bcm4352 wl operation not permitted.

#2 Post by rskildum »

Did you ever get an answer to your problem? I seem to have the same problem with Debian 12 except the error is Key was rejected by the service.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Broadcom bcm4352 wl operation not permitted.

#3 Post by Aki »

Hello,
henryblake wrote: 2022-01-04 23:31 I'm having no luck getting my wifi driver installed. I'm at the point where I have broadcom-sta-dkms and dkms installed. I try loading the driver using sudo modprobe wl and I get this error.

Code: Select all

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'wl': Operation not permitted
Is something locked?
Are you booting with secure boot enabled ? If yes, have you signed the kernel module with a MOK ?
rskildum wrote: 2024-02-05 17:14 I seem to have the same problem with Debian 12 except the error is Key was rejected by the service.
This is a different issue: the module is signed, but the key seems not to be known to the kernel/efi firmware.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀