Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Looking for a network solution

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
ossy

Looking for a network solution

#1 Post by ossy »

Hi there

I have at home an Internet box with a public ip.
On this box I have a redirection to my webserver on a Raspberry with Debian.
Since now my free G-Suite will be closed, I wanted to create a second Raspberry Pi (Bullseye) to create my own mail server.
On the Internet box I can only redirect on port to an internal ip.
The second raspberry also needs the port 80 and 443 for the webmail.
So I tried the redirect form the first Raspberry in Apache with a proxy module.
But the letsencrypt doesn’t work.
I tried to find why, but I’m not sure that this solution can work or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance for any help
Regards
Ossy

reinob

Re: Looking for a network solution

#2 Post by reinob »

At least for 443 (SSL/TLS) you could install a reverse proxy on one of your raspberries (the one getting the redirected traffic from your router), and depending on the host (SNI) forward to one or the other.

You could also just host your web server in one of the two devices, regardless of where you host your mail server.

But if you really are planning to host your mail server from home, I can only advise you NOT to do that and rent instead a cheap VPS (or an expensive root server, whatever suits you) and host your stuff there.